WiPS, the premier enterprise grade winery production management system, continues its strong feature progression. WiPS’s development is centered on its yearly consensus process. Every spring all WiPS users submit their desired enhancements and then collectively vote on which ones will make it into the releases over the next 12 months. It has been a very rewarding process that increases the functionality of WiPS in the places that are most important to the users.
Releases 11.6 P05-P07 includes some continued completion of 2013 consensus items and additional enhancements and fixes.
- New Inventory by Intended Use with Analyses
- Free-form comment lines on work orders
- Allocation of periodic cost by material now available
All the Details
Consensus Items (2013)
- New report Weigh Tag List by Tank implemented as a new “by Tank” option for menu option Weigh Tags by Date, Number or Tank on the Harvest Reports menu.
- New Inventory Inquiry by Intended Use with Analyses has been added to the Winemaking, Intended Use and Trial Blending menu.
- Average bin weight has been added (below the Bins list) to the Pernod Ricard Crush docket.
- Re-establish Grower/Block for new Vintage on the Cost Accounting Reference Table Update menu now has an extra right click or subfile option to allow a Grower/Block to be copied to a different Block, instead of re-established for a new Vintage. The copy function prompts for a new Vendor/Vintage/Block and otherwise works the same as the re-establish function, respecting roll preferences.
- New option Edit Barrel Notations is available from the Barrel Cellar Operations menu. This allows editing of Barrel Notations either individually or by selecting multiple records to enter a new Notation against. It also allows clearing Notations either individually or by selecting multiple records to clear.
- Field Tare Weight on Bins Maintenance on the Reference Table Update menu has been increased in size to accept weights to 2 decimal places (e.g. 1.44). The increased field size is used on all relevant panels and reports and in all calculations.
- New field Sort Order has been added to User Fields maintenance on the Reference Table Update menu. Sort Order defaults to 999 for all existing or new User Fields (so new Fields are added to the end), but can be overridden to any value. User field Entry display and editing programs are now sorted by the Sort Order field.
- Note: Sort Order does not have to be unique. Fields will sort in alphabetical order within Sort Order.
- New User Field Entity Addition/Treatment added to User Field maintenance screen to allow creation of Addition/Treatment User fields.
- Addition/Treatment User Fields Entries can be edited for each Addition/Treatment by new right click (subfile) option from Addition/Treatment maintenance.
- User Field Entries can be displayed from Dry Goods On Hand inquiry by new right click (subfile) option or from Dry Goods transaction entry by new button (function key).
- New view TTHYCPAT or USER_FIELD_ENTRY_AT is available to query Addition/Treatment User Fields.
- Free form comment lines can be added to a Work Order Template or a Work Order by a new right click (subfile) option against a Work Order line. A yellow * shows on Template Maintenance or Work Order entry against any lines where comments exist. Comments print on the Work Order immediately below the line they have been entered against.
- Two new reports have been added to the Grape Contract Management menu:
- Grape Purchase Contract Activity Report
- Grape Sale Contract Activity Report.
- These 2 reports show Weigh Tags received against Grape Purchase and Grape Sale Contracts respectively.
The new Grape Contract Activity reports provided in WIPS116P05 have had the following fields added:
- MOG (Material other than Grapes) %
- Rot %
- Net Weight (calculated as per Grape Payment reports, accounting for MOG and Rot)
- Allow allocation of Periodic Cost to a specific Material:
- Process code maintenance has been modified to allow specification of a To Material for an IG Process Type. If a Periodic Cost Element is linked to a Process code with a To Material specified, the cost allocated to this Cost Element at Periodic Cost entry is spread to the active Volume for specified Material only at the specified Plant.
- The Periodic Costs report has been changed to 192 characters wide to allow an extra 5 Cost Elements to be specified, for a total of 14 for a Periodic Cost run.
- The above modifications apply to Periodic Cost Application only, not Crush or Fermentation Cost Application.
- The Grower Block Distribution report was incorrectly showing an Intended Use level break heading although the report is sorted by Brand. The Intended Use heading has been removed.
- Sold, Marc or Weigh and Transfer Weigh Tags entered via manual Weigh Tag entry did not store weight in pounds/kilos on the Weigh Tag record (only Tons were stored) if the In/Out values were not entered.
- Barrel style percentages were calculated incorrectly for new consensus item Add Barrels (and Material) to existing Barrel Tanks, which was provided in WIPS116P03.
- Field Amount or Percent Comp has been removed from Edit Grower Allowances and Fees as it is not used anywhere by WiPS.
- The following panels were showing Barrels in a Barrel Tank without a Blend ID if the Barrels in the Barrel Tank contained a Treatment. These now show “Treatment” in the Blend ID field in this case:
- Edit Barrel Notations
- Barrels by Number
- Barrels by Plant and Row
- Barrels in Barrel Group (from Barrel Group Inquiry)
- If a “one to many” Work Order where the from Tank was emptied was undone via Work Order Undo, the undo function placed an incorrect and non-existent last Process (Cellar Activity) reference on the from Tank Lot. This showed as blank on the Inventory Inquiry.
- If an invalid Plant was keyed into Work Order Undo and a line selected for undo at the same time, the invalid Plant was passed to the undo update to be used as the Work Order Plant, creating a Work Order with an invalid Plant.