Orion is looking for a tech-savvy enophile, or a wine-savvy technophile. If you or anyone you know is interested in working at a dynamic, forward-thinking wine software company, read below and drop us an email.
Here are the details (straight from HR):
Orion Wine Software Inc (orionwinesoftware.com) expertly handles information from the vine to the table, and provides the training and customer service necessary to make your team a success.
Orion Wine Software is perfect for a winery, wine club, wine distributor, wine sales broker, or wine importer. Orion’s core products represent some of the most well-established winery information tools available. As a single company, Blend, WIMS, WiPS and DarWine come together to create a complete wine technology solution.
Orion’s production solutions will streamline operations so winemakers can spend most of their time in the winery and lab, not in the office. The Sales Management and Consumer Direct solutions provide an automated way to track finished goods inventory, sales activities, club orders and much more. The Retail Management module makes hospitality centers hassle-free for staff as well as for guests. And Orion’s depletions systems offer a range of options to suit any winery, sales team, and budget. To learn more about our products go to www.orionwinesoftware.com.
Orion Wine Software is proud to be part of Constellation Software Inc. Constellation Software Inc. was founded in 1995 to assemble a portfolio of vertical market software companies that have the potential to be leaders in their particular market. Since then, we have grown rapidly through a combination of acquisitions and organic growth, and established a strong constellation of companies with a large, diverse customer base comprised of over 14,000 customers operating in over 30 countries around the world.
Constellation Software Inc. is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol CSU.
Are you passionate about wine? Do you enjoy helping customers? We are the premier provider of winery-specific software and we are expanding. The Technical Support Representative provides exceptional customer support for our Orion clients. Assist clients with a variety of technical issues focusing on software support and occasionally relating to hardware/network issues. Provide friendly, quality and professional assistance in the use of our applications. Growth opportunities available.
- Rapidly gain expertise with our software products.
- Provide Technical Support on Orion software products via telephone, email and fax.
- Excellent and personable communication with customers.
- Assist Data Services department with database issues.
- Assist clients with troubleshooting issues related to a variety of Microsoft operating systems. (i.e. Windows 98, windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista).
- Enter and maintain detailed documentation using our Saleslogix work order and problem tracking system.
- Gather, document, and present detailed documentation on researched issues.
- Consistent attendance a must.
- Computer systems general knowledge.
- Thorough understanding and ability to use Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000; Microsoft Office products Word and Excel.
- Have understanding of Microsoft SQL Server database structure and table relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and organization skills.
- Analytical ability; troubleshooting process knowledge.
- High School graduate or equivalent, technical college or 4 year college a plus.
- 2 + years of technical support experience providing software support via telephone in the software industry and/or winery experience.
- Available to provide weekend support when scheduled.
- General Wine industry knowledge.
- Wine production and lab procedures.
- Wine industry compliance.
- VB, C#, .net exposure.
- Strong work ethic which encourages others to perform well.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Communicates clearly and professionally in positive or negative situations.
- Collaborator with team members to ensure commonality and cohesiveness.
- Quality management—looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
IS THIS YOU? To apply for this position or to submit another qualified applicant’s resume, submit to Leslie Kellermann at lkellermann@G1440.com.