WiPS, the premier enterprise grade winery production management system, continues its strong feature progression. WiPS’s development is centered around its yearly consensus process. Every Spring all WiPS users submit their desired enhancements and then collectively vote on which ones will make it into the releases over the next 12 months. It has been a very rewarding process that increases the functionality of WiPS in the places that are most important to the users.
Releases 11.6 P02-P04 includes some completion of 2012 consensus items and some of the first delivered development from the 2013 consensus process.
New tank quarantine system, from the 2012 Consensus process, allows for the ability to put a tank on “hold” and prevent any movements or blending.
Enhanced Quickstep forms
Internal Wine Scorecard (contact us for more information on this new functionality)
New Barrel Depreciation model (contact us for more information on this new functionality)
All the Details
Consensus Item (2012)
Compliance Hold on Lots has been implemented as follows:
- If a quarantined Tank is added to a Work Order at Work Order Create a warning message will be issued. The Work Order may still be created on the assumption that the Hold will be lifted before execution.
- At Work Order Print, if the Tank is still quarantined “*** Compliance Hold ***” will print below the Tank.
- A quarantined Tank/Lot cannot be blended with another Tank/Lot.
- A quarantined Tank/Lot cannot be split into multiple tanks, i.e. it must remain as single volume.
- A quarantined Tank/Lot cannot be moved between Plants.
- A quarantined Tank/Lot may be moved to a different Tank within a Plant (a warning message will be issued).
- A Gain/Loss transaction is allowed for a quarantined Tank/Lot.
- Additions/treatments are allowed for a quarantined Tank/Lot, in order to maintain product quality.
- Non-winemaking processes (i.e. changes in Composition, Costs, etc.) are allowed for a quarantined Tank/Lot.
- At Work Order Update any Work Order that contains any Process line(s) that violate the Hold business rules is not be eligible for WiPS update.
- At Work Order Entry quarantined Tanks that violate the Hold business rules are not eligible for WiPS update.
- Create new Compliance Hold Material Status (e.g. HLD)
- Set new Installation Preference “Compliance Hold Material Status” (page 2) to this new value.
- Create 2 new Process codes of type CH:
- Compliance Hold with Sub Type Normal.
- Compliance Release with Sub Type Reverse.
- More process codes may be created if desired (e.g. selecting specific materials)
Consensus Items (2013)
Adding Barrels (and Material) to existing Barrel Tanks
- It is now possible to add Barrels to existing Barrel tanks using Work order Create/Update or via the Barrel scanning system (scan and put away full barrels). As long as a Process Code that allows a non-empty To Tank is used, barrels scan be added to an existing Tank at work order update or via Barrel Fill W.O. Attach Barrels to Tanks.
- A search field has been added to Dry Goods On Hand Inventory inquiry to allow search by partial Addition/Treatment Description.
- Material Other than Grapes (MOG) column has been added to the Harvest Status Inquiry grid.
- Vendor/Customer Selection has been added to the Grower Expected Costs report submission panel.
- Percent ALC now prints on the Barrel Row Card.
- For each inquiry where Load All is available, WiPS will now remember how a user sets it between sessions. So if a user sets it to Load All once for a particular inquiry, it will always open with Load All, unless it is set back to Load by Page.
- F9=Modify has been added to Work Order Create to allow lines to be added using the same program as available from Work Order Update. Field On Cellar Instruction Rule has been added to the Modify panel (shows when called from Work Order Create only) to allow selection of whether an added line appears on the printed Work Order.
- The function that automatically assigns a Blend ID Lot Number for new lots (used by Work Order Entry and Work Order Update) has been adjusted so that if 001 – 999 are all used for a Blend ID, it will assign A01 – Z99.
- Barrels can now be moved between Plants if the Barrel Group the Barrels belong to has a Plant specified. Previously any Barrels that belonged to a Group with a Plant specified could not be moved to another Plant. This adjustment is required for the Barrel Depreciation enhancement (below).
- The TTB Line number field is now automatically right adjusted whenever it is keyed, to avoid problems with record sequencing and selection caused by line numbers keyed without right adjust (i.e. without leading spaces).
- Update Cellar Work Order now presents a Confirm Prompt if a line is deleted. Previously lines could be deleted without confirmation.
- In Work Order Update, If all lines for a Segment with dependencies are deleted (i.e. the Segment is deleted from a Work Order) any dependent Segments are now automatically opened for update, so that the Work Order can be further processed without first editing the Segment.
- New Calculation Basis Value of Net Adjusted Tons added to Grower Allowances and Fees. This calculates the amount for any Fee or Allowance using the Adjusted Net Tons shown on the payment reports for any Grower/Block that has over contract adjustments.
- Fix for Internal Wine Scorecard (Diageo custom report).
- It was possible to enter a negative Volume in the Barrel Fill and Barrel Adjust screens in Work Order Update. Negative volumes are now not allowed in these screens.
- Plant name did not update (for display only) when changing existing or entering new Plants on Edit Grower/Block Uses.
- The Winemakers Inventory Report was showing an incorrect unit cost on each line when run in Proof Volume mode.
- It was possible to create Cellar Activity records with a blank Process Code via Grape Price Adjustment. An Edit check has been added to Grape Price Adjustment to check for a correctly set up Cost Code to prevent this.
- The Last Maintained Date/Time/User/Program fields were not updated for a Weigh Tag if Analysis results were updated via the Weigh Tag Lab Analysis program. This program now updates these fields for any Weigh Tag that has any Analysis field updated.
- In Dry Goods transaction entry Lot Numbers could be entered for non-Lot Controlled items. Lot Numbers can now not be entered for non-Lot Controlled items.
- In Dry Goods transaction entry negative Purchase values could be entered. Negative Purchase values are now not allowed as they are not logical.
- The Dry Goods Purchases/Adjustments report did not show negative $ values. It will now show negative $ values that may have been entered in the past.
- Weigh Tags could be created with duplicate Load Numbers (which show in the Harvest Status inquiry) if two Tags were created for the same Scale at exactly the same time.
- The Crop Estimate report did not show negative values for the Balance to Deliver column.
- The Prompt button was missing for field Contract from Quickstep version of Edit Crush Tag and Edit Sold/Weigh and Transfer/Marc Tag (however F4 or ? did work).
- Note: The Contract field is only visible if the Grape Contract module is authorized.